Friday 6 April 2012

Way of the Cross: Seventh Station

Jesus falls the second time

V. We adore you, O Christ and praise you.
R. Because by Your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world.

Reading

From the Book of Psalms
Friends and companions stand aloof from my pain;
those closest to me stand afar off.
Those who plot against my life lay snares;
those who seek my ruin speak of harm,
planning treachery all the day long.
But in you, O LORD, I hope;
it is you, LORD my God, who will answer.
I pray, “Let them not gloat over me,
exult if my foot should slip.”
For I am on the point of falling,
and my pain is always with me.

Meditation

Jesus was truly alone now. Even Peter, the apostle he appointed to be a rock for the rest, had denied him three times and abandoned him. How do you feel in the presence of the Suffering One? Do you find yourself wanting to stay, or leave?

Prayer

Jesus, our Redeemer, your friends had run away from you. Your family, except for your mother, were nowhere to be seen. Though it asks much of us, though it distresses us so to be in the presence of so much pain; give us the desire to minister even by our very presence.

Close

All: Our Father …
For the sins of His own nation,
Saw Him hang in desolation,
Till His spirit forth He sent.
Find the remaining stations here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think, but please remember to keep it on point and civil. All comments are moderated.