Friday 6 April 2012

Way of the Cross: Third Station


Jesus falls the first time

V. We adore you, O Christ and praise you.
R. Because by Your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world.

Reading

From the Gospel according to Matthew
‘Come here to me, all you who labour and are burdened, and I shall give you rest. Take my yoke upon yourselves, and learn from me, because I am gentle, and humble in heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is kindly, and my burden is light.’

Meditation

Jesus’ own cross was anything but kindly. Yet he promises to give us rest, a burden that is light. How is this possible? Our own yokes can often press us down. Could it be that Jesus is reminding us that we do not have to go it alone? Can you let Him take the heavier burden off your back?

Prayer

Jesus, our Lord, though you fell under the weight of the Cross, you found the strength to get up again. Be with us in our burdens, give us the yoke that is kindly. Give us the strength to get back on our feet.

Close

All: Our Father …
Oh, how sad and sore distress'd
Was that Mother highly blest
Of the sole-begotten One!
Find the remaining stations here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think, but please remember to keep it on point and civil. All comments are moderated.